Tuesday, September 16, 2008

lovin' america


I made it! A little bit delayed on the update, but I now live in dc in a sweet little house with two fabulous roommates and a challenging but wonderful job. Am I blessed or what? It almost seems too easy and perfect. Amazing to think that four weeks ago I had no place to live and was stressed beyond belief. No need to be restless and anxious, because in the end, it really does work out.

I am literally living the dream in the nation's capitol. I still look at the monuments and incredibly important buildings around me and think I can't believe I am lucky enough to live here and call this my home. Pretty amazing.

Side note, my job is awesome. On Thursday I worked a press conference for a client who happens to have Michael Phelps as a spokesperson, so I got to have lunch with him and hang out for almost an hour. Basically, he's pretty great and seriously one of the nicest people I've met. Down to earth and normal, which is hard to believe, but so true! I'm now a big fan and might even have a tiny (ok HUGE) crush ;).

While I really am having the time of my life in dc, I really do miss home and family and friends sometimes, so make sure to keep in touch and keep my updated on what's going on with you. and you have a place to stay anytime you're in the neighborhood or want to plan a super fun trip!

No comments: