Tuesday, April 3, 2007

so thankful...

today i am just so thankful to have the friends that i do. today was one of those days where i needed someone to listen, be patient, and hear me out and i had a few people who cared enough to pay attention and give some really good advice :) sometimes i have to just get my thoughts out in the open and then i feel better, even if the problem isn't exactly solved or even over. i think there is nothing more important during this time in my life than having amazing people in it to share it with and learn from. i have been so incredibly blessed to have people who are honest and don't just necessarily tell me what i want to hear to quiet me down. i cherish honesty. the people closest to me understand that if you want to know the real thoughts and feelings i have, you have to first tell it to me like it is and not sugar coat anything.... thanks for that today, annie :)

I also got the opportunity to chat with sweet Waud for a while which to me was a huge bright spot in a very stressful day! I love that i had some of the same feelings and worries about everything that she has had coming to uga and it is comforting to know that i was not the only one who didn't just come here, fit in, and love athens immediately. it takes time to get there and it is refreshing to talk to someone else who may have struggled and is now so content and is also pretty awesome too! i'm still learning to be content where i am and that's something i thought about a lot today...as usual, i think too much and overanalyze everything but today i feel especially anxious about a lot of things that i seriously need to get over and embrace the now. easier said than done i think. i really should be researching for school rather than sitting here analyzing life but this is nothing new for me. if you have any clarity in life or can see the future, let me know because it's all a little hazy to me right now and i am working on just trusting that God will provide and has my plan already set. until then, i will just stay confused...

No comments: